Role and objectives
In support of the ISI mission, the objectives of the ISI include:
- To enhance the ISI’s support of the international statistical community.
- To promote and disseminate research and best practice in the statistical sciences.
- To promote and disseminate research and best practice in all forms of statistics education.
To realise these, the ISI views the Publication Committee to be one of the most important ISI committees.
The Committee’s objective is to assess and coordinate publication activities of the ISI family on a continuing basis, and advise the ISI Executive Committee, Council and Associations.
Terms of reference
- Identifying areas and opportunities for collaboration among existing publications of the ISI and Associations.
- Investigating the publication needs of ISI membership (such as on-line tutorials, white papers on global issues, need for a statistical magazine, joint publications with other statistical organizations, etc.) and advising the ISI Executive Committee.
- Assessing and coordinating the design of the ISI website.
- Reviewing proposals for special publications (such as books and monographs) and advising the ISI Executive Committee.
- Managing the long-term welfare of theIS Review through a sub-committee (made up of ISI Committee Chair, two at-large members, theIS Review editor-in-chief and the ISI Director).
- The responsibilities include managing the financial planning and the relationship with Wiley-Blackwell and serving as an advisory body to theIS Review Editors.
- Undertaking special initiatives as needed or as requested by the ISI Executive Committee.