The ISI Outreach Committee for Central Eurasia is established with the objective to promote the ISI and its values in the Region and bringing together the statisticians in the Region from different disciplines for undertaking joint initiatives.
Objectives and Expected Products
- Identify the potential members from the countries in the region with which the committee will cooperate closely.
- Identify and contact the statistical societies in the region, both national and specialized ones.
- Create a functional meeting place for statisticians from academia and official statics in the region.
- Activate and share information regionally for the joint statistical activities of holding conferences among the regional subsections of ISI Associations.
- Encourage local organization of informal meetings for local statisticians, especially young statisticians.
- Introduce and welcome newly ISI elected members from Russia and the Region to meet with the Outreach committee.
- Stimulate the regular membership, especially among young statisticians and students.
- Identify potential candidates to be elected ISI members.
- Undertake joint statistical activities including regional conferences.
- Alexey Ponomarenko, Director of International Institute of Statistical Education of HSE, Department of Statistics and Data Analysis
- Alexander Surinov, Federal State Statistics Service, Moscow, Russia.
- Vladimir Sokolin, International Statistical Committee of the CIS, Moscow, Russia.
- Irina Eliseeva, St. Petersburg State University of Economics and Fiance, FINEC, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Maria Frolova, Togliatti Academy of Management, Togliatti, Russia.
- Alexander Kukush, Kiev National Taras Shevchenko University, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Teimuras Gogishvili, National Statistics Office of Georgia, Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Asaf Hajiyev, PABSEC Legal and Political Affairs Committee, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Oleg Cara, National Bureau Of Statistics, Chisinau, Moldova.
- Peter Mach, Slovak Statistical and Demographical Society, Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Kairat Mynbaev, Kazakh-British Technical Universiy, Alma Ata, Kazakhstan.
Liaison with ISI PO