The "Statistical Challenges in Modern Astronomy VIII" conference will be held in person at Penn State University from 12 - 16 June 2023.
This is 8th in the series of premier interdisciplinary conferences held at Penn State since 1991. The conference brings astronomers, statisticians, computational data scientists together to discuss advanced methodology and further our understanding of the Universe.
The conference is preceded by the annual Summer School in Statistics for Astronomers, 5-9 June 2023. The summer schools are held at Penn State annually since 2005.
They provide an intensive program in statistical inference covering topics such as:
- Principles of probability and inference
- Regression, model selection
- Bootstrap resampling
- Multivariate clustering and classification
- Bayesian data analysis
- Markov chain Monte Carlo (MCMC)
- Time series analysis
- Spatial statistics
- Deep learning neural networks
- Machine learning with random forest
Want to know more? Please check the details here.