Sponsorship is necessary and welcome in fulfilling the ISI mission to lead, support and promote the understanding, development and good practice of statistics worldwide, by providing the core global network for statistics.
» Read more in the ISI Sponsorship policy
Endorsement of your event
The ISI will consider requests for endorsing events and conferences. Such requests should be submitted with the relevant information, at least three months in advance of the event’s starting date.
- At least one institutional, corporate or affiliated ISI member is promoting or organizing the event or conference.
- The theme of the event or conference should be of interest to the membership of the ISI.
- The dates of the event should not be adjacent to dates of events or conferences organized by the ISI or its Associations. In particular, there should be a two-week window before and after the ISI World Statistics Congress (WSC) and a one-week window for other ISI and Association conferences.
If the event will take place adjacent to one of the WSC or other ISI or ISI Association’s conference, then it shall be considered as a potential satellite meeting to the ISI or Association event in question, in which case the guidelines for satellite meetings apply.
- The Scientific Programme Committee for the event shall include at least one ISI Elected member.
For the events that the ISI decides to endorse, the endorsement includes at least the following cooperation actions:
- The ISI will advertise the event by including its name, dates, and website in our Upcoming Events, and will clearly label these as an ‘ISI Endorsed Event’.
- The ISI will publish brief announcements, prepared by the Organizers, in its monthly news items, encouraging its membership to attend.
- The ISI logo will be provided for use on the event’s website and printed materials (flyers, leaflets, programme book, etcetera).
- The ISI promotional flyer (PDF) will be provided by the PO to be printed and distributed to all participants.
- The ISI does not provide any financial support as part of the endorsement for an event.
- It may be required that ISI members shall be entitled to reduced registration fees for the conference (at the lowest category).
- If there are plans to offer short courses, workshops or other meaningful capacity building activities together with the main event, the ISI may consider providing financial support to enable the attendance of the instructor(s), and the provision of suitable facilities. In this case, the request for endorsement and support must reach the ISI at least six months in advance of the event.
Information needed for the request
(These are separate fields on de request form.)
- Title of event.
- Dates of event.
- Location (country, city) and venue.
- Language(s) of the event.
- Name of organizations promoting the event.
- Name of the ISI Elected member on the scientific committee for the event.
- URL of the event website.
- Objectives of the event.
- Expected number of participants.
- [optional] Short course or capacity building activity requiring support.