The course teaching activity should be seen as a service to the international statistical community and a contribution to professional development and statistical capacity building for ISI members and the larger community.
- All course instructors must be or become ISI members.
- The courses will take place online and will be scheduled in a 3-hour session each day at a time chosen to accommodate learners in many time zones. A course can be scheduled for 1 day (3 hours total), 2 days (6 hours total) or 3 days (9 hours total).
- Instructors are responsible for providing course descriptions, instructor bios and any other information required by the ISI.
- Instructors will be requested to consent to the use of their name, affiliation, materials and recordings on the ISI website and in promotional materials.
- The course schedule will be announced by the ISI at least two months prior to the start of the programme.
- The courses will be held online using the Zoom facility. Instructors will be offered a mandatory mini-course on using Zoom prior to the course.
- Commitment to teach a course must be made no later than two months prior to the start of the course programme. Such commitments are binding since it is highly undesirable to have courses cancelled at the last minute. In a case an instructor is unable to teach, ISI will negotiate with the instructor to avoid cancelling the course.
- Instructors will be notified 2 weeks before the course starts if the course will go ahead. A minimum of 10 registered participants is required for each course, hence there may be cancellations due to insufficient registration. ISI puts every effort into obtaining at least 10 registered participants per course.