ISI Khawarezmi Committee on Statistics of Arab Region
This committee was established by the International Statistical Institute (ISI) to stimulate the international statistical cooperation with countries in the Arabic world.
1. The committee’s objectives:
- Promoting excellence through expanding the role of statistics in providing knowledge-based solutions to human development in the Arab countries.
- Engaging Arab statisticians in ISI activities and its affiliate societies.
- Increasing the number of Arab statisticians in the ISI.
- Facilitating collaboration within statistical societies, academic communities and other organizations with statistical interests in Arab countries, by encouraging the communication of knowledge and conducting joint activities amongst national statistics agencies and societies.
- Promoting the fundamental principles of official statistics.
- Supporting the discipline of statistics in the region with a particular focus on the establishment of national societies.
- Improving the world wide understanding of the priorities of statistics as developed and applied in the Arab region.
• Chair: Hamad bin Jaber B.J. Al Thani, President, Qatar Statistics Authority,
P.O. Box 7283, Doha, Qatar
Phone: 974- 44594550 - Fax: 974- 44830888
Started in 2009
Association affiliation: ISI Ex-officio