May News - ISLP
1. I would like to remind you about the competition that is currently running: "the Best Cooperative Award in Statistical Literacy". This award is given every two years in recognition of outstanding, innovative and influential statistical literacy projects that affect a broad segment of the general public and that are fruit of the cooperation of different types of institutions (national statistical offices, schools, statistical societies, media, libraries etc.). Please see additional information on the ISLP website (http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~iase/islp/bestproject). Deadline for the proposals is June 15th 2011. Please send your suggestions to Reija Helenius (
) and Pedro Campos (
2. We have also started to gather material to the next ISLP Newsletter. Please send news by the 30th May to Reija Helenius (
). We would like to receive materials on
- new innovations on the area of statistical literacy
- new books or services
- statistical literecy activities
3. The ISLP Statistical Literacy National Competitions are nearing an end. I'm happy to inform you that we already have 20 countries participating. Great! See the participant information on the ISLP website (http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~iase/islp/competition-second_participating_countries). At the moment, more than 4 500 students have been enrolled into the competition.
The international judging jury is also nominated as the following: Martha Aliaga, chair (USA) Chris Wild (New Zealand) Iddo Gal (Israel) Metka Zaletel (Slovenia) Christine Reading (Australia) Enriqueta Reston (Philippines) I look forward to see many of you in Dublin this August! You will get more information on the ISLP Open Meeting which will be held there closer to the ISI2011 conference.
Director of ISLP