How to Apply for ISI Elected Membership
In 2013, membership elections will be held in January-February (1st round), April-May (2nd round), July-August (3rd round) and October-November (4th round).
The deadlines for submitting the Presentation of Candidate forms are as follows:
1st round:10 January 2013
2nd round:11 April 2013
3rd round:11 July 2013
4th round:17 October 2013
Elected members are elected by virtue of their contributions to:
- the development or application of statistical methods, or
- the administration of statistical services, or
- the development and improvement of statistical education.
Membership Elections take place under the authority of the ISI Membership Elections Committee, whose recommendations are subject to the approval of the ISI Executive Committee.
The procedure develops along the following lines:
- If you would like to apply for elected membership in the ISI or nominate someone who you believe to be deserving and interested in ISI membership, please complete and return the Presentation of Candidate form.
- Please pay attention to the fact that candidates for elected membership must be supported by three existing elected or honorary ISI members referred to as “sponsors”. A list of ISI members can be found on the ISI website. The ISI Permanent Office will contact the three sponsors to confirm their support of the candidate.
- For a successful election please make sure that as much as possible information is provided about the candidate’s background. The Membership Elections Committee will assess the candidate based on the information provided.
- The “Presentation of Candidate” form should be submitted to the ISI Permanent Office (
) in Word format before the deadlines mentioned above.
- The 1st round results will be announced in March 2013, the 2nd round in June 2013, the 3rd round in October 2013 and the 4th round in January 2014.
For any questions on the application and election procedure please feel free to contact Mrs. Liliana Happel at the ISI Permanent Office.
The annual dues for 2013 are € 76 for developed countries and € 23 for developing countries.