International Statistical Institute
Guidelines for Co-sponsoring Conferences
The ISI often receives requests for co-sponsoring conferences from other organisations. In order to provide ISI co-sponsorship, the guidelines stated below must be satisfied.
The benefits of ISI co-sponsorship include the promotion of the conference by placing the name, dates, and website link on the ISI online calendar of events and the inclusion of a brief announcement prepared by the Conference Organizers in the ISI monthly news.
- The Conference should be of high quality and the theme should be of interest to members of the ISI. If the focus of the conference is more relevant to members of one of the ISI Associations, the request will be forwarded to the appropriate Association for consideration.
- The dates of the conference should not be too close to conferences organised by the ISI or its Associations. In particular, there should be a three-week window (before and after) the ISI World Statistics Congress and a one-week window (before and after) for other ISI and Association Conferences.
- The ISI does not provide any financial support as part of the co-sponsorship.
- ISI members shall be entitled to reduced registration fees for the conference (at the lowest category).
- The Conference Scientific Programme Committee shall include a member of the ISI.
- The ISI logo should be displayed on the conference website and included in the conference material. The ISI promotional brochure should be distributed to all conference delegates. (The pdf file of the brochure can be obtained from the ISI Permanent Office.)
The request for sponsorship must be submitted, with the relevant information to the ISI Permanent Office at least six months in advance of the conference date.