59th ISI WSC 2013 in Hong Kong
IAOS Call for Invited Papers Session Proposals
I am writing to you as the IAOS representative of the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) for the ISI World Statistics Congress in Hong Kong in 2013.
The topics will be decided in the meeting of the SPC during the next ISI Congress in Dublin in August 2011. In order to have good proposals for the conference from the IAOS, I request any ideas on topics that could be of interest to you or your colleagues from your organisations, and further whether you could be interested in organising an IPS.
When we are assessing proposals for Invited Paper Sessions, Proposals will be assessed against the following criteria:
* Is the topic of interest to more than one Section?
* Does the topic link users and developers of new methods?
* Is the topic at the cutting edge of research or application?
* What is the ranking by the Sections of the proposals they are nominating?
Special consideration will be given to ensure that the Programme:
* Has regional representation of organisers from around the world
* Has a good representation of organisers who are early career statisticians
* Has a good gender distribution of organisers
* Is attractive to the diverse membership of the ISI and its Sections
There will be more information available relating to the WSC on the website at http://www.isi2013.hk/.
Please feel free to forward this e-mail to anybody you think could be interested.
IAOS Representative for the SPC for ISI WSC Hong Kong 2013
Deputy Director General, Statistics Production